This too, shall pass.

It all started....well we don't know exactly when. Just two weeks ago we noticed that our wood floor was showing signs of moisture. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from....we hadn't seen any water anywhere. Turns out the line that connects to our fridge for the ice maker had been leaking underneath the hardwood. For quite some time. The floor was starting to cup (or warp). A restoration company came out a few days later and set up some mats and fans that would supposedly suck the water out of the floor. And it worked for about 3 days.


In the meantime, our washing machine died. We paid a repairman $50.00 for ten minutes and "you need a new washer." Ugh. So a week ago we took of and ran to Pueblo for a new washer and dryer. (Our dryer had been on it's way out for some time, so it seemed like a good time to upgrade.) For a moment we forgot about the kitchen floor and were mesmerized with the quiet new set. Amazing how little water they use...and they sing little jingles!!!
Our fun was short-lived, as two days after that we find out that our oven doesn't heat. It doesn't go higher than 140 degrees. That is also the day the floor guys returned to tear out the floor to find out what's going on. Turns out the fridge has been leaking WAY longer than we had anticipated, and the water damage is WAY worse than originally thought. When they were tearing out the wood floor where the fridge was, they ended up tearing up extra, and luckily, finding that our dishwasher has also been leaking. For awhile! So out that came, and they told us we need a new one. Out came cabinets. And the smell was horrendous! I still can't believe that we couldn't smell that before they took the floor up.

Then Saturday came. Christopher went to the mountains to ride 4wheelers. The floor guys weren't coming, so I had a full day planned of things I wanted to get done. Which included cleaning out the car and washing it and getting the garage all cleaned up so I could park my sparkling car inside. Right. I got it done. But they had a 4wheeling accident. And now, long story short, we have an extra 4wheeler in our garage, and my car IS NOT parked there!!! It's OK though, I'm glad Matt is OK. That's more important anyway than a sparkling car with a place to park inside.


Which brings us to today. I was headed out to the bus stop. The wind was blowing like crazy....haven't seen wind like this in awhile. The dust was so bad in places that the visibility was nearly zero. Suddenly Dallin starts squealing "need to do potty!" and when he's squealing he means like RIGHT NOW! So I hurried and pulled off the road, opened the car door, and WHAM! the wind takes the door and bends it backward. Forget the toddler that needs to go potty. I spent the next five minutes trying to get the car door closed. Then open so I can get back in. Speed over to the bus stop, get the door open again and pull the now screaming toddler out to go potty!

I'm thinking....could anything else go wrong???!!!
and if you guessed yes, then you're right.
We get home from Volleyball, which was awesome, by the way, to find that the wind has picked up the umbrella on our patio set, and in the process has shattered the glass top to the table. Glass everywhere. I'm surprised the trampoline is still there!
Now seriously, what else could go wrong?!

But tonight, as I stood *washing the dishes by hand* and thinking about it all, I reminded myself that at least we're all healthy and functioning. This will pass.....eventually....hopefully. And life will go on. I'm trying to see the positive side in this otherwise I may go crazy!

Or this noisy contraption is going to drive me there! 24/7 of air purifying love. It's kinda nice when the kids are home, I can't hear them arguing and therefore don't feel so stressed about it. Not all bad :)



3 comments:

Amanda said...

I've had months like that Glenna! Hang in there. The "Up" side is that you get all new appliances (almost).

SunnyD said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is one unbelievably BAD time!!! Sooo sorry!!! If it makes it feel ANY better...I've never owned a dishwasher. I want one...desperately...but...alas. :)

Natalie said...

HOLY COW!!! Wow...I'll just stop complaining about my problems right now...you poor girl! I hope things start going better for you...like...NOW!